Current IssueArchiveRestaurant GuideRestaurant ReviewsInternational Food BlogsWine TastingsTravelMoscow EmbassiesAirlines to RussiaMoscow AirportsCustoms and VisasResidence permitMoscow Phone DirectoryMuseums and GalleriesWi-Fi Hot Spots in MoscowClubs!Community ListingsMoscow Downtown MapMoscow Metro MapRussian LinksInternational Links
Advertise with UsOur Readers - a profileAdvertising RatesDistribution List
WHAT’S THE BEST PRESENT YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED?
- A ride in a white limo with champagne and flowers
- Almost 20 years ago: a diamond ring from my (future) husband soon after we met. He was a penniless student, so the ring represented a lot.
- No idea!
- That’s easy... The December issue of Passport, of course. Those things are more valuable than gold!
- Obama’s election?!
- The $25,000 Audemars Piguet watch one of my Russian partners gave me for my birthday last year.
- A fluffy Russian teddy bear hamster! (Note: Hamsters make great pets for expats who plan to be in Russia for 2-3 years. They are good company and low maintenance.)
- A DVD collection of all my favorite 1980s films — St. Elmo’s Fire, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Pretty in Pink, Risky Business.
- An MP3 stereo system
- For my 12th birthday, my mother found some guy in a gorilla suit to deliver balloons to me at school. As a sixth-grader I was mortifi ed, but now I think it’s hilarious. In fact, I’d like to have my own child just so I can send him or her a balloon-bearing gorilla when he or she turns 12.
- A puppy
- First-class upgrade on a trans-Atlantic plane trip. (Have you ever seen those fi rst-class bathrooms?! There’s potpourri in there!)
- A bicycle — oh, I loved it so much...I rode it four miles to school and another four miles back every day — uphill both ways!
- I was 10, delivering newspapers on my paper route. One house gave me an entire BOX of bubble gum. Man, that was the best Christmas ever.
- A spam filter for my email, so I don’t have to answer stupid questions like this. (Looks like it’s time for a new one.)